The basis for developing an appreciation of the role of business as a societal institution is provided by a broad knowledge of business: its history, its impact upon individuals, its economic importance, and its social responsibilities. In addition, a full appreciation requires knowledge of the various environments (financial, economic, technological, governmental, social and cultural, and global) within which firms must operate. The degree includes an understanding of the complexities of problem solving and the ethical implications of managerial decision-making at the enterprise level and provides the basis for further studies.
The BSBA program and area concentrations are additionally accredited by AACSB International.
Graduation Requirements for the BSBA Degrees
The Helzberg School of Management requires that at least 50 percent of all business credit hours required for the BSBA degree be earned at Rockhurst University. This policy excludes the lower-division economics, mathematics, and statistics courses.
The Helzberg School of Management BSBA degree requires students to earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in Helzberg School Core Courses and earn a grade of C or above in the 15 hours of upper-division courses required for the degree or concentration. In addition, students must successfully complete a senior capstone course with a grade of C or above.
A maximum of all business credit hours earned toward the BSBA may not exceed 50 percent of the total credit hours required for graduation. Upper-division economics courses that are required for any of the BSBA majors cannot be applied towards the BA in Economics and vice versa.
Additional degree requirements and policies are described in the Academic Policies and Procedures section of the catalog.
ProgramsBachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Business Administration, Accounting/MBA Concentration, BSBA
- Business Administration, B.S.B.A.
- Business Administration, Corporate Accounting and Finance Concentration, B.S.B.A.
- Business Administration, Financial Markets and Economic Analysis Concentration, B.S.B.A.
- Business Administration, International Business Concentration, B.S.B.A.
- Business Administration, Management Concentration, B.S.B.A. (Areas of Focus Available)
- Business Administration, Marketing Analytics Concentration
- Business Administration, Marketing Concentration, B.S.B.A.
- Business Administration, Traditional Accounting Concentration, BSBA