Apr 07, 2020  
2018-19 Undergraduate Catalog 
2018-19 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

English, B.A., Film Track

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study

College of Arts and Sciences

Major Field of Concentration

Upper Division Requirements:

The major concentration in English consists of a minimum of 22 semester hours of upper-division work. Required courses are:

Three additional upper-division courses:

Within the film track, a student must complete:


Related Coursework:

For the Film Track, a student is expected to complete 12 hours of upper-division, department-identified, film courses (CT 3200 ; FR 3480 ; FR 3500 ; PL 3820 ; PS 3510 ; SP 4660 SP 4670  ; TA 3650 ; or TH 4080 ) or film-related internships. A department-approved film-production course taken at another university may transfer in as part of the 12 hours of related coursework. A grade of C or better is required in each upper-division related-course. (A grade of C- will not satisfy the requirement.)

Additional Information:

Also required are two semesters of college-level study of one language other than English. This requirement may be fulfilled by completing two semesters of college-level literature in one language other than English. In either case, the language courses must be taken for college-level credit. [Neither College Level Examination Program (CLEP) nor Advanced Placement (AP) exams fulfills this requirement.]

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study