Requirements for Admission
An applicant to any graduate program at Rockhurst University must satisfy the specific requirements of the individual program before full admission will be considered. The prospective student should refer to the sections of this Catalog which state the admission policies and procedures for the specific program of interest. Rockhurst welcomes students from diverse backgrounds and strives to maintain an atmosphere of respect and sensitivity toward the ultimate dignity of every person. Therefore, acceptance into a program will be made without regard to religion, race, gender, age, disability or national origin.
For specific Admission Requirements, see the particular program announcement.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited institution.
- The University requires a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale, however, individual programs may require a higher GPA. See individual program announcements for specific GPA requirements.
- Completion of all required application materials.
- Official transcripts from each college and/or university attended unless otherwise noted by a particular program.
International Student Admission
An international student is any student who is not a citizen or resident legally permitted to remain in the United States for purposes of pursuing a full course of study in a specific educational program at a school in the United States that has been designated by the Department of Homeland Security as eligible to offer such programs. International students holding current F1 or other appropriate visas and currently attending an eligible U.S. institution are also considered to be international candidates for admission.
All international candidates for admission must submit the following materials:
- An official international application form with recommendation completed by the student’s counselor;
- English translations of final official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning. These official transcripts must be evaluated by an agency acceptable to Rockhurst which specializes in the evaluation of academic institutions outside the United States. An official report from the agency must be submitted to the Graduate Admission Office;
- Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL. Proficiency in both written and spoken English is a requirement for students participating in Rockhurst University graduate programs. Students whose first language is not English are required to take the TOEFL before being considered for admission. The minimum score required for admission to a graduate program is as follows: 550 on the paper-based test; 213 on the computer-based test; 79 on the internet-based test. This requirement is waived upon demonstration of English language proficiency by successful completion of an undergraduate degree at a U.S. institution of higher learning;
- Certification from a bank or a legally binding affidavit of financial support indicating the student’s ability to pay for educational expenses at Rockhurst.
Individual graduate programs have additional admission requirements. See the particular program announcement.
International students are encouraged to submit applications and documentation prior to regular application dates due to the additional time that may be required to review foreign credentials and to prepare visa documentation.
An I-20 Form will be issued to the international student by the Rockhurst University International Student Advisor when the student has met all admission requirements.
International students are required to participate in the student health insurance program during their tenure at Rockhurst.